Project Selection- Film

Watching the film "Ferris Bueller" was what got me interested in the film production process. I enjoyed watching the documentary showing how they got the footage for the film, how they got the props, and the process of getting the cast together. I found it very interesting when they showed how they put together the scene where Genie kicks Ed Rooney in the face. The cut between her running away and him falling and back to make the fall more dramatic. I liked how a simple editing technique could enhance a film as much as it did there. I also found it interesting how they did they stunt where the car flew out the window. It seems like a stunt like that would be fun because you have to attempt it multiple times to get it right. I liked how the actors in "Ferris Bueller" got to improvise on some of their dialogues. I think the improvisations make the dialogue much more real and it seems like it would be fun. I would like to try all of these techniques in my own movie. I think the movie project would be a good fit for me because I like the ability to get creative with editing techniques and acting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Engagement Research- Bohemian Rhapsody

Film Genre Research- A Star is Born