Project selection -Magazine

         I became intrigued by print journalism when I saw the movie "All the Presidents Men". This showed me that the print journalism industry can be very hands on. In the film we saw Woodward and Bernstein split up to meet with sources out in the field. Bernstein went all the way to Miami to meet with one source and Woodward went to a vacant parking garage to meet with his secret source. This showed me how making connections and interacting with people is a major part of this business. This interested me as well as the process of preparing an interview. This interested me because I admire the ability to form the right questions and would like to acquire that skill. The magazine project seems like a good fit for me because I am interested in the interviewing process. However I see the research aspect as a challenge because my skills in research are not very good yet because I have difficulty knowing what to search for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Engagement Research- Bohemian Rhapsody

Film Genre Research- A Star is Born