Third Quarter Submission- The Real Deal
Third Quarter Revisions
For my third quarter submission of my film, "The Real Deal", I made a number of revisions. These included improving my title sequence, improving the quality of the music in the film, and improving my camera work.
Camera work
In my first submission, I was made aware that the camera could not be operated by one of the actors. In correcting this I purchased a mountable tripod for my phone which allowed me to film at many different angles without needing anyone to hold the camera. The phone mount also allowed me to get better shots in some cases like the scene where my character, Andrew, is in the car talking on the phone. In this scene I mounted my phone to the dashboard which showed my character from the front allowing the viewer to see facial expressions.
Title Sequence
After doing the Art of the Title activity in class, I realized that my title sequence could be more creative. In the activity, I studied the title sequence for the film "Almost Famous". In this film the title and credits were written by one of the characters. In my film I had the title appear on a poster and the credits appear in various places such as on a receipt and on a sheet of music.
Music
The music in my first submission was not as professional sounding as I had hoped. I re-recorded the music for my third quarter submission using a condenser microphone which gave the music a more clear sound.
Comments
Post a Comment