Art of the Title- Class activity
Today in class we analyzed some title sequences from Artofthetitle.com. One title sequence that I found particularly creative was the one for Almost Famous.
This opening has the credits written out on notebook paper. Between these shots of the credits the camera also pans across the desk and wall showing a lot of music memorabilia around the persons desk. I found this technique interesting because it brought the credits to life and showed what the film was about (a journalist writing for a rock band for The Rolling Stone.) in a nutshell. An opening similar to this that I also liked was the opening for school of rock. This film had the credits written on jackets and posters all round a room.
Some aspects of this title sequence that I might use would be the credits written on something, possibly flyer, and I would also like to include some close ups of music related items like a guitar pick, a rock T-shirt, or a close up of my guitar or amp. I think I want the credits to appear written on several items like a flyer, a receipt, on sheet music, or maybe on someones phone.
This opening has the credits written out on notebook paper. Between these shots of the credits the camera also pans across the desk and wall showing a lot of music memorabilia around the persons desk. I found this technique interesting because it brought the credits to life and showed what the film was about (a journalist writing for a rock band for The Rolling Stone.) in a nutshell. An opening similar to this that I also liked was the opening for school of rock. This film had the credits written on jackets and posters all round a room.
Some aspects of this title sequence that I might use would be the credits written on something, possibly flyer, and I would also like to include some close ups of music related items like a guitar pick, a rock T-shirt, or a close up of my guitar or amp. I think I want the credits to appear written on several items like a flyer, a receipt, on sheet music, or maybe on someones phone.


Comments
Post a Comment