Traditional Distribution Model- Film
Traditional Distribution
The traditional business model for film distribution utilizes release windows. Release window allow a film to take advantage of different markets at separate times to avoid overlapping its own marketing. For instance, a film will be released in theaters first, then about two months later it will release on home video, and then two years later the film will be open to being aired on TV. This allows the film to access multiple areas of the market and allows it to be profitable for a longer period of time.What I Would Use
From this business model, I would utilize the release window between the theatrical release and the digital release. For the digital release I would rather release the film to streaming services like HBO or Disney+. The use of the release window allows the film to make profit for a few months before becoming available on steaming services. Aside from streaming services, I do not want to release the film anywhere else to avoid spending too much money on advertising campaigns.
Comments
Post a Comment